All NIH employees or groups of employees in grades GS-1 through GS-12 or Wage Grade (WG)-equivalent technical work in trades, crafts, or labor work. NOTE: The intent of this award is to recognize employees who may not be otherwise included in the administrative or scientific category. The team members in this category must be at a GS-12 or below to be considered in the selection process, only exception would be a group team lead.
- Outstanding efforts in support of the NIH mission.
- Extraordinary initiative in carrying out activities to improve NIH program operations or to benefit the NIH environment.
- Remarkable competence, compassion, or heroism dealing with an emergency situation at the NIH.
- Development and improvement of methods, procedures, or equipment resulting in substantial benefits to the NIH or the U.S. Government.
- Sustained and exceptional performance beyond regular duty requirements in carrying out a difficult task.