Viewing past award guidelines
You are viewing guidelines for the 2021 awards. See award guidelines for the current year.
All NIH employees or groups of NIH employees performing, administering, or working in administrative functions, such as Budget, Human Resources, Grants Management, Contracts, Accounting, Information Technology, and Public Affairs and Communication, to support the scientific mission of the NIH. NOTE: Nominations directly related to science (e.g. discovery or management of scientific initiatives) should be submitted in the scientific category.
- Extraordinary initiative or leadership in carrying out activities to improve NIH program operations or to benefit the NIH environment.
- Development and improvement of methods, procedures, or equipment resulting in substantial benefits to the NIH or the U.S. Government.
- Remarkable competence, compassion, or heroism dealing with an emergency situation at the NIH.
- Sustained and exceptional performance beyond regular duty requirements in carrying out a difficult task.
- Outstanding contribution, beyond regular attendance, to a special committee or task force dealing with NIH-wide policies, procedures or operations.
- Significant resourcefulness and competence in improving the administrative management of the NIH.
- Superior skill and leadership in administration.