- All nominations must be entered by the nominator through the electronic honorary awards and ranking system, e-HARTS. Hardcopies are not required; however, it is recommended that you keep a hardcopy for your records. Detailed database instructions are available upon request.
- The IC may nominate one clinical researcher who has demonstrated an exceptional commitment to assisting patients and their families.
Group nominations in this category will not be accepted
- Nominations may be initiated by IC management staff or by individuals with knowledge of the accomplishments of the individual being nominated.
- The Narrative Justification is limited to 6,000 characters.
- The narrative of accomplishments must focus on the nominee's contributions, how they exceeded expected results, and the impact of these contributions. Routine responsibilities should be included only as they establish a context for the accomplishment cited.
- All nominations must be approved by the nominee's supervisor and IC Director.
- The citation for the award will read: For scientific and medical excellence and the outstanding, compassionate care for patients and those who love them.
The purpose of the award is to recognize outstanding clinical researchers who have demonstrated an exceptional commitment to assisting patients and their families who look to the National Institutes of Health for help. Recipients of this award exemplify Dr. Rabson's unswerving commitment to scientific and technical excellence, collaboration with colleagues, and provision of excellent, compassionate care for patients and those who love them.
All NIH employees who are clinical researchers are eligible. Groups cannot be nominated for this award.
- Showing willingness to go the extra mile to help patients and families who contact the NIH.
- Demonstrating excellence and dedication to direct patient care.
- Providing outstanding care while tending to the needs of patients and their families.
- Serving as a role model for the clinical research profession.
- Working effectively as a member of a health care team to promote excellence in the delivery of clinical care.
- Supporting originality, creativity, and innovation in clinical care.